Install Cycles on your WordPress site
However, by using a WordPress plugin, you can include the Cycles script on multiple pages at once, without editing any code. Many themes and plugins allow you to inject scripts into your site header.
In this example, we'll use the Cycles plugin.
To install Cycles on your WordPress site:
Step 1: Create a new Cycles project
(If you already have a project, skip to the "existing projects" section of step 2.)
Sign into Cycles and create a new project. Once you give the new project a name, click Next.
Step 3: Open WordPress and install the plugin
- Sign into your WordPress admin (/wp-admin)
- Navigate to the plugin section, (/wp-admin/plugins.php), click "Add New" to add a new plugin. Use the plugin search bar to find "Cycles.". Click install.
- Once installed, navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins and confirm the Cycles plugin is "Activated."
- Now, go to Settings > Cycles and paste your Cycles JS code snippet into the field. This adds Cycles to every page on your site.
Step 5. Choose how Cycles displays
The plugin lets you control who sees the Cycles button and any comments, so you can keep design and development comments within the team, away from the client, or even to use Cycles on a production site, yet hide the Cycles button to the general public.
Just configure the "Display Cycles for" setting:
- All Visitors: The Cycles button will appear for all visitors of the site
- Only Users who are signed in: The Cycles button will only appear for your WordPress site users who are signed in
- Only Users with a specific role: The Cycles button will only appear for your WordPress site users, with a specific role, who are signed in.
Step 6. Open a WordPress page to confirm installation